RTW Operations Director (f/m)
- The candidate will be entirely responsible for the whole collection progress of a well-known RTW luxury designer label. This covers all lifecycle stages from the sample development to the production delivery as well as the operational implementation of the brand’s strategic guidelines. In close communication with the design team this position will particularly oversee specialized teams for RTW product development, R&D and purchasing, pattern making, production and order management offices. The candidate will be responsible for steering the processes efficiently so that the fulfillment of both sample and final production is in line with established targets.
- Development of the collections, ensuring cost, time & quality targets for all departments
- Analysis of the existing processes and workflows and, if necessary, set up of alternatives in close cooperation with the colleagues from design, merchandising and retail.
- Evaluation and development of raw material and product suppliers in order to better align with the brand’s needs/targets
- Setting up of an integrated reporting system as required by the management team
- Working with department heads and management to get the best performance from staff
- Development of the assigned collections within the established budgets
- Identification and evaluation of suppliers based on reliability, punctuality and quality/price ratio;
- Organization and leadership of activities with other company departments such as design, merchandising, finance, etc.
- Preparation of periodical reports and statistics as required
- Supervision of research, development and production activities with a focus on maximizing the process efficiencies and product quality
- Heading and motivation of a dedicated team (direct and indirect)
- Previous experience in a similar position, preferably acquired in brands producing RTW in the luxury sector
- Capability to manage a large team to reach expected results despite high pressure and tight deadlines
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Italian required
- Able to travel in Italy and abroad